*All ICBC appointments are renamed to “MVA (motor vehicle accident) treatments” on our booking system due to ICBC trademark policy.
Booking Appointments WITHIN 12 Weeks of MVA
Information you should have ready:
- Valid claim number (*valid = MVA that occurred within 12 weeks)
- Date of injury
- Personal health number
- Adjustor number and phone number (optional)
Steps to book:
- Create an account on our online booking system here: https://hartwelltherapy.janeapp.com/
- Add a valid credit card to your account
- Email our ICBC billing clerk Maliha at email@example.com or call at 604-809-5097 to book an initial consult.
- Fill out the general intake form and ICBC consent form before your appointment.
Pre-approved MVA Treatments
You can book for any of these modalities.
- MVA Physiotherapy: 25 sessions
- MVA Massage therapy: 12 sessions
- MVA Acupunture: 12 sessions
- MVA Kinesiology: 12 sessions
Booking Appointments AFTER 12 Weeks of MVA
Things you should be aware of:
- Once you have completed your 12 weeks of treatment, your adjuster may allow for an extension.
- You should not book any further treatments until the extension is approved.
- Treatments booked without an extension approval from your adjuster will not be covered by ICBC and you will be FULLY responsible for payment – no exceptions.
- Request for an extension with our Hartwell Therapy billing clerk Maliha Bashir (see below for instructions)
Requesting For An Extension
You would need to request for an extension if you have completed your approved number of treatments or if the claim end date has expired.
- Email your request to Hartwell Therapy billing Clerk Maliha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the email, include your name, claim number and type of modality you need an extension for.
- Your ICBC adjuster will review and process your extension according to their timeline, therefore, we cannot guarantee when or if an extension will be given. This can take up to 3 weeks in some cases, please be prepared for this possibility.
If Your Extension Is Approved
If Your Extension is Declined
You will receive an email reply from Maliha Bashir (email@example.com) with the following information:
- The type/modality of treatment approved
- The number of treatments approved
- The new end date
Your MVA appointments will no longer be covered, and you will need to contact your ICBC adjustor directly.
If you wish to continue your treatments with us, you would have to cover the full amount of the treatments.
MVA TREATMENT USER FEES
The following prices are additional fees after factoring in ICBC coverage. *GST is not included.
Initial Visit: $0
Standard Return: $5
Massage Therapy *
45min Initial: $0
60min Initial: $12
45 min Return: $20
60 min Return: $40
30 min Return: $5
90 min Return: $90
Initial Visit: $14
Return Visit: $6
Initial Visit: $0
Return Visit: $0
Important to Note
- ICBC does not pay for no-show appointments. In the case of no-show, our no-show and cancellation policy still applies.
- Your extended health plan may cover the additional costs (dependant on individual coverage), but we cannot do direct billing to extended health insurances for MVA treatments.