Numerous studies have shown the link between regular exercise and increased work productivity. It is therefore in every company’s interest to promote exercise and wellness to their employees. Supporting your employees in their exercise and health endeavors will increase team morale, boost energy and relieve mental stress. Long term benefits of exercise have shown that employees take less sick days and are more productive at work.
At Hartwell Therapy, we are constantly looking to engage communities in an around Vancouver, in activities that promote healthy active living through the following corporate wellness initiative packages. Each service is customized and tailored to meet specific company and community member needs.
Lunch and Learns
With so much conflicting and confusing health information our there, it can be challenging to know what is true and backed up by science. Get the facts straight and have all your questions answered by a certified health and exercise professional.
Our Registered Kinesiology team offer interactive lectures on a health topic of your choice, with packages available for regular lecture series on a monthly, quarterly, bu-annual or annual frequency.
Sample Lunch and Learn Lecture Topics include:
- Posture and Back Health: How it is affecting your well-being and how to improve it.
- Stretch and Strength in your Office Space: tools to fit activity in – even at work!
- Fitness Fads: Navigating which type of fitness trend is right for you.
- Foam Rolling: Should I be doing it and how can I use this tool?
- Work Injuries: Common workplace injuries and prevention through strengthening.
Any other topics you have in mind can be accommodated to suit the needs of your employees.
2. On-site Practitioner Visits
At Hartwell Therapy and Wellness, we not only aim to treat injuries after they have occurred, but we also specialize in preventative care through our physio-delegated kinesiology services. Physio-delegated kinesiology is a one-on-one session with a registered kinesiologist that can be billed under physiotherapy benefits. All that is required is for one of our physiotherapists to come and do an initial assessment with each patient. This ensures that the patient is ready and would benefit from an individualized exercise program with the kinesiologist. After this assessment is completed, all further sessions will take place with one of our kinesiologists.
The best part of this service is that it can be billed under physiotherapy benefits and not cost additional fees! See below for the benefits of having a kinesiologist come onsite to your company:
- Physio-delegated kinesiology can be billed under physiotherapy benefits.
- Employees are able to use their group health benefits plan to cover the cost.
- Employees receive an individualized exercise program that is tailored to their needs and goals.
- Our online booking system makes scheduling easy for employees to book themselves in for 30-minute appointments and fill out intake forms.
- All direct billing can be processed by our staff at the clinic.
- We direct bill to many of the big insurance companies such as Manulife, Great West Life, Pacific Blue Cross and more.
Registered Massage Therapy
Does your Group Extended Health Care Plan cover Registered Massage Therapy? If so, one of our RMTs can come onsite to provide massage therapy for your team.
Just as above, bookings can be made through our online system and our clinic can direct bill to most insurance companies.
Massage therapy sessions are available to be booked for 45, 60 and 90 minutes. Our RMTs are equipped with their own table, linens, pillows, lotion and disinfectant spray. Employees only have to fill out our online intake form before their first appointment.
3. On-site Movement Classes
We have access to numerous professional instructors in Fitness, Dance and Zumba through our sister company, DanZa Productions. We can provide classes on-site at your company or at our studio located within the clinic. Option to have 45 minute or 1 hour long classes.
Fitness classes offered
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Boot camp/Circuit training
- Aerobics and cardio
- Core strengthening
- Stretch and Strength
Small Group Training
- Perfect for a small group of individuals (2-6 people)
Dance and Zumba classes
- Hip Hop
- Dance Build Up